I have always been that ambitious person who just had to have a side hustle. In high school i sold candy, in college, I braided hair and did eyebrows, and once I became a stay-at-home mom, I started my own crochet business.
I have never wanted to work for someone for the rest of my life and my husband is the exact same way.
OK, enough about me and back to how to make extra money from home.
There are so many ways to make extra money from home, but not a lot of people know what’s legitimately out there.
I mean how many times have we all come across something on the internet that said it would make us money RIGHT NOW.
I don’t know about you guys, but I wasn’t willing to take the risk of being scammed.
Well, I am going to share with you by category, a few different ways you can make extra money from home.
Whether you are a stay-at-home mom like myself, working full time or part time and just need some additional income, all of these options can work for you and possibly replace your job income if you put in the work.
*Disclaimer: This post contains my business links. Please visit my business links disclosure to learn more about it This post also contains my affiliate links. Please visit my affiliate link disclosure page to learn more about it *
Here Are A Few Ways To Make Extra Money From Home
There are so many side hustles out there that can produce a real secondary income, but lets also remember a lot of these side hustles can eventually turn into full time income if you really pursue it.
6 Major Ways to Make Extra Money From Home
1. Baby sitting – A lot of people sleep on this hustle and it actually helped me pay off some debt pretty quickly.
You just have to have some experience with children, build your reputation through baby sitting sites, and have TONS of patience to work with kids.
2. Take Online Surveys – Yes, this is a real thing. You get paid to take surveys from the comfort of your home or while you’re out and about. I would suggest you do this with as many companies as you can. It will really add up.
Here are a few legit companies that will pay you to take surveys. Click on them to read more about the companies.
3. Blogging – I always wanted to start a blog but didn’t really understand how it worked. There’s been so much I wanted to share with others in a way that was helpful, but never imagined I could actually create a pretty awesome income from it.
Bloggers create posts that they are passionate about and help people solve problems by the content that is written. Sounds pretty simple right? It is if you have a passion for writing and helping others.
Its definitely not for everyone, but it can produce a substantial amount of money per month if you put the work into it.
Here are a few ways bloggers earn money from their blog
~Affiliate Programs; there are companies that allow you to use a link from their products for customers to purchase.
When someone clicks on the product link or makes a purchase of the suggested product that is on the blog post, the blogger is given a small commission from the affiliate company with no added charge to the customer. Click Here to learn more.
~Sidebar Ads; This is were the blogger signs up with popular programs like Google AdSense to have ads run on their page. Once someone clicks on the ads, the blogger is paid based off of the amount of clicks/purchases.
~Providing Your Own Products and Services; Many bloggers write their own content in the form of PDFs that give valuable info the reader is looking for and are willing to pay for it.
4. Freelance Writer – You do not need a degree in English or a degree at all for that matter to become a freelance writer. A freelance writer basically writes content for companies, bloggers, and businesses that just don’t have the time to do so for themselves. Click Here to learn all about it.
5. Drop Shipping: This is where you own an online shop through amazon or eBay for example, and sell different products that come from other companies like Walmart, The home depot, Target, etc. You can sell anything that you have a passion for like clothing, furniture, decor, etc, without keeping these items in your house. Click here to learn more.
6. Home Based Business – There are so many home based business options out there but I will focus on two for this post.
~Small Business Owner; Simply find something you are absolutely passionate about and start a business out of it. For example, I started my crochet business called Z’s Crochet Creations from the comfort of my home.
There are so many crafty small businesses on a site called Etsy where everything is supposed to be made by hand.
Just to give you a few ideas, there’s custom t-shirt shops, jewelry, crochet, custom painted letters, etc. I’m sure you get the idea.
You can also start a small business by doing something you’re good at that people need. Here are a few ideas.
- Pet Sitting
- Cake Shop
- Makeup Artist
- Tax Adviser
~Independent Business Owner; This is where you work for yourself and are able to set your own schedule. You can become an independent business owner through a number of direct selling companies out there.
There are Health and Wellness companies, Makeup and cosmetics, Candles & Scents, Clothing, Purses & Accessories, and the list goes on.
These companies have a product or service that allow you to produce income from a variety of ways.
Selling products to customers that have a need for what you have, building a group of business owners by mentorship and leadership, and having event parties were you educate people on your product or service.
I would only advise you do creditable research before you decide to start your business with any company. Here’s a list of the top 5 global direct selling companies today.
You can click on them and read up on the companies for yourself.
5 Mary Kay
I hope you enjoyed this article! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.