I’m usually feeling inspired to cook more creatively during the holiday season so, I came up with the idea to make Christmas Tree Pizza Breadsticks! It is very similar to the Christmas Tree Spinach Dip Breadsticks from It’s Always Autumn. So depending on what you have the taste for this Christmas, both of these Christmas tree breadstick recipes won’t disappoint. They will make great Christmas day appetizers!
*Disclaimer: This post contains my Amazon referral links and other referral links as well. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you purchase through one of my links or banners. Thank you so much for your support! Please read my referral link disclosure to learn more about it.*
We started our own family tradition to make pizza every Friday night which we call “pizza Fridays”. It’s my son’s absolute favorite thing to help with in the kitchen and he loves to wear his chef outfit every time.
I simply just turned my pizza recipe into breadsticks!
For the crust, I use Betty Crocker’s Just add water pizza dough.
You can also make your own homemade pizza crust or you can use 1 tube of the refrigerated pizza crust that you can find in the cold baking section at most grocery stores.
So lets get right to it!
You will need:
- Pizza pan
- Rolling pin
- Big bowl
- Pizza cutter
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cup
- Plastic wrap
- Pizza crust
- 1/2 cup of Hot water
- All purpose flour
- Pizza sauce
- Pepperonis (optional)
- Mozzarella cheese/Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp of Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees
- In the big bowl, add your pizza crust and hot water
- Mix them together well and form a ball with your hands
- Sprinkle in flour to help it from sticking to your spoon and hands
- Place the crust back in the bowl and cover it with plastic wrap
- Allow it to sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. (This will help the crust be easier to manage)
- Spray your pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle a little flour so you crust doesn’t stick
- Take the crust out of the refrigerator and roll it out to the size of your pizza pan. (Use flour as needed to help with sticking)
- To the best of your abilities, cut your crust with your pizza cutter, to the shape of a triangle
- Keep the remainder of the crust to roll out again to create a second triangle
- Now add your pesto, pizza sauce, cheese, and whatever veggies you may want inside
- Mix all of your seasonings together and sprinkle it all over the top
- Once you have everything you want inside, add your other triangle on top
- Cut slits with your pizza cutter across the sides Not cutting the middle
- Now grab each slit, and twist them the best you can in the same direction (this was a little challenging for me)
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes then rotate and bake for another 5 minutes
- Take it out once its golden brown
- Glaze the top with pesto or butter
That’s it! Time to pull apart and eat.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more delicious recipes!
Do you have any unique Christmas appetizer recipes that were a hit with friends and family?
Please share in the comments below!