My kids have been begging me to make their own DIY Valentine’s Day Slime, so I gave in and we did it!
I have been avoiding making slime because of the negative feedback so many moms give about it being extremely messy.
Despite hearing the negative opinions, I decided that having memories of enjoying a Valentine’s Day craft with my kids was more important.
We have never made slime before but I wanted to add another fun Valentine’s Day craft for you to do with your kids.
My son loves all things blue, so he created blue slime and my daughter is a pink girl so she created pink slime.
You can allow your kids to make the slime whatever color they want, to make this craft custom to their liking.
Our first attempt at making this slime didn’t come out as I planned, but my kiddos had a blast!
Creating slime with my kids for the first time taught me to make sure I have the right measurements, crafting doesn’t have to turn out perfect, and if the kids are having fun, I’ve succeeded!
So if you’re looking for a easy DIY Valentine’s Day Slime Recipe, give this one a try and let your kids make it their own.
DIY Valentine’s Day Slime Recipe
*Disclaimer: This post contains my Amazon referral links and other referral links as well. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you purchase through one of my links or banners. Thank you so much for your support! Please read my referral link disclosure to learn more about it.*
I purchased most of these items from The Dollar Store and Walmart, but you can look for these materials anywhere you’d like.
Or if you’re mainly an online shopper like myself, we both know Amazon has everything you need!
Watch my kids make their Valentine Slime!
You will need:
- School glue (you can get clear school glue or liquid glitter glue if you don’t want to add food coloring)
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Contact Lens Solution (it must contain boric acid and sodium borate in it’s ingredients)
- A container to create the slime in
- Something to mix the slime with (plastic spoon, spatula, plastic knife, etc.)
- Glitter shakers to decorate the slime
- Mini beads
How to Make Valentine’s Day Slime
- Get your container and let your child add the entire bottle of glue to it
- Add 10-15 drops of your choice of food coloring (you can skip this step if you have clear glue of liquid glitter glue)
- Next, add the glitter, mini beads and confetti to the mix
- If you have any other decorative items, this would be the time to add them
- Now that you have all of the Valentines decorations, mix everything together
- Once everything is mixed together, poor 1/2 TBSP of baking soda and mix together until everything is combined
- Next, add 1 1/4 TBSP of contact lens solution and mix everything until slime begins to get firm
- If your slime is still sticky, add more contact lens solution in small amounts until it’s at the consistency you desire
- Finally, let your kids pick it up and play with it to enjoy their Valentines slime
- They thought it would be cool to add their slime to heart molds!
And that’s it! I hope you enjoy creating this fun Valentine’s Day slime with your little ones. If you decide to try it, please let me know how it goes!
Have you ever made your own slime before? If so, how did it go your first time making it? Please share in the comments below!
Your kids may also enjoy the I Love God Valentine’s Day Booklet!
Pin it for later!