This Father’s Day, I wanted the kids to create a fun craft for their dad that would be cherished for a lifetime.
My kids really enjoy anything evolving paint so I knew they would love this idea.
Here’s an Easy Father’s Day picture frame craft for kids. They will be sure to love!
*Disclaimer: This post contains my Amazon affiliate links. I will receive a small commission on qualifying purchases at no extra charge to you. Thank you so much for your support! Please read my affiliate link disclosure to learn more about it *
You will need:
- Construction Paper (you can use construction paper if you can’t find poster board)
- Picture frame (I used a 11/14 in frame)
- Non-toxic paint (I used watercolor paint)
- Plastic Tablecloth (to prevent paint getting on your floors)
- The Father’s Boot
How to Make Father’s Day picture Frame Craft:
- Get your poster board and place your picture frame on top
- Use the paper inside of the picture frame as a guide to cut the perfect size for your picture
- Now place your cut out poster board into the picture frame to ensure it fits properly
- Make sure you are using the non glossy side of the poster board so that the paint will easily apply
- Now it’s time to paint the bottom of the boot
- Paint the most raised parts of the boot so that the paint will transfer to the paper properly
- Once your boot is fully painted, apply one more coat of paint before you press it on your poster board to ensure you get a nice print
- Press and hold the boot onto the poster holding the boot firm and pressing it forward and back to make sure the paint comes off nicely
- Now it’s time to paint your little human’s foot
- Once painted, press and hold your child’s foot where you desire the footprint to be
- As a nice touch, I wrote my kids name and age next to their footprint
- Feel free to write whatever your heart desires at the top of the picture
That’s it! I hope you and your child have enjoyed this simple but fun craft together! Comment below if you have any questions.
P.S. Mama’s if you are looking for a simple but special gift for your spouse, here’s a Father’s Day Gift Certificate I have created as a free printable. Download to for FREE below OR Click here