This Father’s Day, I wanted the kids to create a fun craft for their dad that would be cherished for a lifetime.
My kids really enjoy anything evolving paint so I knew they would love this idea.
Here’s an Easy Father’s Day picture frame craft for kids. They will be sure to love!
*Disclaimer: This post contains my Amazon referral links and other referral links as well. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you purchase through one of my links or banners. Thank you so much for your support! Please read my referral link disclosure to learn more about it.*
You will need:
- Construction Paper (you can use construction paper if you can’t find poster board)
- Picture frame (I used a 11/14 in frame)
- Non-toxic paint (I used watercolor paint)
- Plastic Tablecloth (to prevent paint getting on your floors)
- The Father’s Boot
How to Make Father’s Day picture Frame Craft:
- Get your poster board and place your picture frame on top
- Use the paper inside of the picture frame as a guide to cut the perfect size for your picture
- Now place your cut out poster board into the picture frame to ensure it fits properly
- Make sure you are using the non glossy side of the poster board so that the paint will easily apply
- Now it’s time to paint the bottom of the boot
- Paint the most raised parts of the boot so that the paint will transfer to the paper properly
- Once your boot is fully painted, apply one more coat of paint before you press it on your poster board to ensure you get a nice print
- Press and hold the boot onto the poster holding the boot firm and pressing it forward and back to make sure the paint comes off nicely
- Now it’s time to paint your little human’s foot
- Once painted, press and hold your child’s foot where you desire the footprint to be
- As a nice touch, I wrote my kids name and age next to their footprint
- Feel free to write whatever your heart desires at the top of the picture
That’s it! I hope you and your child have enjoyed this simple but fun craft together! Comment below if you have any questions.
P.S. Mama’s if you are looking for a simple but special gift for your spouse, here’s a Father’s Day Gift Certificate I have created as a free printable. Download to for FREE below OR Click here