If you have been struggling to keep your teeth looking pearly white, keep reading because I am going to share with you how to naturally whiten your teeth from home.
When I was in elementary school living in Germany at the time, the school nurse came around to each classroom and would have us gargle with some type of fluoride rinse.
I don’t remember if it was everyday or every other day, but long story short, it was over kill and caused my teeth to have a yellowish tent early on.
*Disclaimer: This post contains my Amazon referral links and other referral links as well. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you purchase through one of my links or banners. Thank you so much for your support! Please read my referral link disclosure to learn more about it.*
I also had a Go-kart accident during my childhood which caused me to chip my two front teeth. I had my teeth filled in at the dentist but didn’t know the filling would eventually cause discoloring.
Talk about being self-conscious!
Watch me make this paste step by step!
Later into my adulthood, one of my front teeth ended up dying due the Go-kart accident from many years ago and I ended up having to get a root canal. This has now caused my entire tooth to have a darker tent then the rest of my teeth.
As I get older, I have found it more and more difficult to keep my teeth looking as white as I would like them to be.
I did go to the dentist to get my teeth professionally whitened in the past, but it left my teeth in so much pain and discomfort for a week straight, and I said I would NEVER do it again.
Needless to say, I’ve seriously been through some things with my teeth.
I’m now at a place in my life where I have just accepted my smile for what it is but, would still like my teeth whitened every so often with a more natural approach. So, through some research, I came up with my very own natural whiting paste.
Okay, enough about me and my teeth. Let’s get to how you can naturally whiten your teeth from home!
How to naturally whiten your teeth from home
- 2 tsp of Organic Turmeric
- 2 tsp of pure Baking soda
- 2 tbsp of 100% Virgin Cold-pressed Unrefined Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Hydrogen Peroxide
- In a storage container or bowl, add your turmeric and backing soda
- Combine and make sure there aren’t any lumps
- Next add the coconut oil, lemon juice, and hydrogen peroxide
- Mix all ingredients until you have a smooth thick paste like texture
That’s it! Super easy right?
*I would start out using the paste once or twice a week. Baking soda and lemon juice can cause damage to the enamel if used to frequently. Only allow the paste to stay on your teeth 2-3 minutes.*
Benefits from each ingredient:
- Turmeric: Good for tooth aches, sensitive teeth, gingivitis, reduces swelling, and fights infections
- Baking Soda: Great for cleaning all things. Removes stains and plaque
- Coconut Oil: Good for pulling bacteria out of the mouth. Fights bad breath, helps tooth sensitivity, tooth aches, and fights gum disease
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Contains vitamin C which is known for whitening, freshens breath, prevents tooth decay, and aches
If you’re just too busy these days and don’t have time to make this paste yourself, then I would recommend you checkout Teeth Whitening 4 You. Its an all natural system that will also give you whiter brighter teeth right from the comfort of your home.
I hope you found this article helpful and enjoyed this recipe! Don’t forget to share with friends and family and if you have any questions, comment below!
Want more natural alternative tips?